Monday, October 21, 2013

Get it before it's gone: Enjoy by 10.25.2013

It's the final countdown....!?!



Yep, you officially have about 3 days (+/- a couple of hours) until Stone Brewery's "Enjoy by 10.25.2013" is officially obsolete. Described as "devastatingly fresh" by its maker, I couldn't agree more: I just enjoyed my second sampling of the 10.25.2013 with E at Bravehorse Tavern.

This round was just as good - if not better - than my initial taste (at Fremont's Sixgill earlier this month). I don't think it was Sixgill's fault (I love the place), but perhaps it was more of matter of timing. After all, I'm getting dangerously close to the enjoy by date.

So what's it like? At 9.4% ABV and some kind of high IBU (my otherwise decently honed research skills aren't panning out this time), it's a delightful symphony of hops and something more balanced (citrus? maybe?). In other words, it's got enough bitterness to make a hop freak like myself happy, but it's not so overwhelming to alienate people who can appreciate some hops but honestly just like damn good beers.

I had the Greenflash Green Bullet Triple IPA first, and upon the first sip, well, I wished I had hit up the 10.25 instead. Luckily, the conversation and good times with E permitted a second round, during which I immediately requested what I should have gone for in the first place.

In sum, you've got a countdown and it's ticking: be sure to try the 10.25.2013 by Stone Brewery before its time is up.

Find 10.25.2013 in Seatown (or at least a few options based on a quick Google search):
- Bitterroot
- Bravehorse Tavern
- Noble Fir
- Sixgill
- The Roanoke
- Downtown Spirits (apparently)

Cheers,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment