Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sister Christian, oh the time has come

Oh. My.

This beer - The Sister Imperial IPA by Fremont Brewing - is the brew equivalent of a Night Ranger concert (plus Foreigner and Journey).* Translation = epic.



I had the great pleasure of my first Sister sampling on Friday night, as K and I met up with M and L at Fremont Brewery after work. The Sister had the delightful hops punch I love - apparently about a billion IBUs - without being heavy at all. There's been a lot of winter ales circulating around these parts, which is fine and dandy, but they're just not quite my jam. The Sister, however - oh my.

*This I've also sampled, one delightful October night in 2011 with MM. If I had to choose between that concert and The Sister Imperial IPA, well, I'd be facing one hell of a pickle.

Is there any chance that Fremont Brewery would fill up my growler with Sister - perhaps as a Christmas miracle? If you'd like, I can even leave out milk and cookies...and I can make some pretty fantastic cookies. What do you think?

Cheers,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment